Partnerships with Local Authorities in England
Kaizen & The Local Offer Partnership Working
The Local Offer and Kaizen Partnership are proud to announce a joint venture supporting the work of local authoriites in developing and maintaining their local offers. The partnership offers project-based consultancy over a time-bounded period with a focus on -
- Driving improvement across the board around the local offer
- Increasing the effectiveness of joint planning, delivery and review
- Meeting key responsibilities in making provision more responsive to local needs
- Engaging with hard to reach children, young people, parents and carers
- Keeping local offers under review
- Increasing accessibility, appeal and usefulness of local offers through digital technology
To find out more, please read our fact sheet.
Local Offer Site Hosting via The Local Offer
A separate offer and further partnership model of working includes site hosting of local authority local offers. This would enable lcoal authorities to benefit from a purpose-built, accessible local offer site, with multiple search features, allowing parents and carers to exercise choice and control over the specialist & targeted services their child receives.
Services include -
- The Local Offer site hosting local authority local offers
- Access to a common provider base of specialist and targeted services across education, health and social care
- Access to the latest updates on the SEND reforms, Dept for Education regulations and requirements
- Ability to be alerted to significant changes in requirements
- Ability to direct schools to The Local Offer local authority site and to access relevant regional and national content
- Ability to provide audits of local authority local offers to ensure compliance and avoid the potential for legal action for unlawful local offers
- Ability to use The Local Offer logo, with restrictions, on local authority local offer home pages
Please note this list is not exhaustive and any new proposals are welcome.
Mindful of the outcomes of the Royal Courts of Justice in the trial against Warwickshire County Council, for failure to publish a lawful local offer, local authorities have a need to be vigilant about their statutory requirements. This social enterprise at the forefront of the reforms can provide extensive support to local authorities in the process of developing, updating or re-structuring their local offer.
Further articles referencing the case and how Warwickshire's Local Offer fell 'a considerable distance short of the statutory requirements” can be found below.
For more information, or to discuss ways of working in partnership, please contact The Local Offer.